Friday, December 14, 2007


First and foremost, i would like to wish everyone out there a HAPPY HOLIDAY!!! Thousand of apologies to all my blog viewers as i've abandon my blog again. Since my PMR examination had been over a long long time ago i started some really bad habits like sleeping during the wee hours of the morning when everyone should be sleeping and waking up at noon.Worst of all i seldom take my breakfast instead i took my brunch(which is a no no for growing up teens). Getting up early in the morning is sheer purgatory. I felt so estatic when Dad mentioned that we'll be going to Fraser's Hill.Unfortunately he let us down due to the unpredictable weather. So we sat down and finally decided to go to Malacca. Malacca as i knew was one of the most recognised historical sites in Malaysia. On that day i woke up at the wee hours of the morning(in fact i was awake the whole night-maybe because i was too excited of the trip/i drank too much green tea that day). I've read throught a lot of articles that caffeine will actually lead to insomnia.So i laid in bed whole night thinking about the half-way through packing and staring at my bro which is already snoring away.In the harsh sobriety of the morning , i diligently finished up my packing and headed downstairs to eat my breakfast.At about 10a.m we eventually loaded all our luggage in the car and bid goodbye to my aunt.Not only that we even bid goodbye to our computer which will actually be taking 3 days off.We were told that it'll be approximately about a 2 hours ride to reach Malacca.At about 12 p.m we checked-in to the nearest hotel.All of us actually hope to get a place in Equatorial Hotel but unfortunately it is fully booked.So we headed off feeling quite disappointed and checked-in to City Bayview( a 4 star hotel) which is located at the heart of the city.Along the way to our hotel I saw something that actually impressed me.It is the Bukit Sebukor Waterfall which is locatd along one of Melaka's busiest roads so it appears to give the area a sense of serenity amongst the chaotic traffic.The waterfall has been said as manmade and is reported to have cost alost 1.78 million. I'm actually still in the midst of searching this really impressive pic in the internet.I promised i will upload it immediately when i found it.We started off our first day easing and pampering ourselves in the hotel. Here is a few shots that i took from City Bayview

The hotel's lobby

Malacca is well known for its baba and nyonya heritage

I actually took some pictures of our so called cozy hotel room in City Bayview but i reckon that my bro deleted it away as he's too desperate.When we were in Malacca i starved most of the time as we were not familiar with the place.We even thought of settling down in our hotel and have our dinner.Nevertheless the food there was too exorbitant.So after asking around we finally settled down to a nyonya restaurant and my brother and I started grabbing anything that is edible on the table...........hehehheh...On the next day of our trip we checked-out from City Bayview hotel as there is no rooms available for us anymore.We eventually tried Equatorial Hotel for the second time hoping there's a room available for us. A smile plastered on my face when the receptionist in the front desk confirmed our booking and told us that we can check-in by 12 noon. While waiting to be checked-in we visited some well known hstorical sites in malacca.I'll tried to update this blog again as soon as possible as the internet connection is terribly slow.......................

0 burst: